- enable the university to open up to new research directions;
- enable the university to carry out projects based on scientific achievements, using the latest artificial intelligence technologies, both for businesses and state and scientific institutions;
- implementation of cutting-edge software-defined storage, the first such SDS solution from IBM implemented in Poland.
- high-performance computing implementation, extended with artificial intelligence and high-performance data analysis;
- simulations, phenomena, and processes modeling implementation based on large datasets;
- a new research perspective for polish science;
- with machine learning and artificial intelligence, computers can perform the same tasks much faster and often more efficiently;
- optimization and forecasting applications, including, but not limited to, in medicine, industry, or finance. The computing cluster will accelerate scientists’ work and open up new opportunities to put high computing power into practice, from mathematical modeling to diagnostic imaging, to finding innovations for industry.
- IBM Power System servers with NVIDIA Tesla coprocessors;
- computing nodes connected to the high-performance, software-defined IBM Elastic Storage Server via the high-throughput InfiniBand network;
- a powerful training platform that guarantees high throughput when executing workloads generated by intensive computing, deep learning, and AI mechanisms.